Thursday, November 21, 2013

Are you difficult to work with??

I have been thinking about this a lot lately...

 A.) am I a difficult person to work with and 
B.) why are some people so difficult to work with. 

And in this thought process, I feel like God really revealed something to me. And you might totally disagree, but I feel like this is one of those things that could change my whole way of thinking when it comes to this sort of thing. I realized that, really if I were to get honest, people or myself really aren't difficult to work with. It's really all about my thought process (or the person I'm working with if they were to think that about me). People are perceived to be "difficult" to work with because they aren't doing what I want or how I want it done. 

Notice the word I?? 

It's a control issue. 

And it's really not fair. 

You may just be a 3rd party looking in at someone being frustrated with another person, two difficult people not getting along, right??  And now I'm getting frustrated. 

Because why?  

Because now TWO people aren't acting the way I think they should. 

It's all a choice...you just go with the flow or you try and control everything. Simple as that. 

So next time I, or you, think "wow, this person is really difficult to work with!", I will try and re-examine the situation. Am I putting my own expectation on the situation?  Am I wishing I could control it more?  Am I going to get cranky and frustrated or lovingly make some positive suggestions?  

I think if we could just put our own unfair expectations and desires to control, we could all get along much better in this little time we have together. 

Just some thoughts swirling around in my head this week. 

No comments: