Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Whew! Back and trying to get everything back to normal! If that's possible.
Lots of unpacking, laundry, etc., etc....And I have the urge to organize things. Spring cleaning, I guess. Usually I get overwhelmed and give up...but I'm just taking one "section" at a time and so far it is going great! I love getting my house orgainzed.
We are also making some changes with our routine. Last night we started doing family devotionals. It was so cute to hear Bryson's answers to the questions and I was really impressed with Corbin's knowledge of the Bible and scriptures. I guess he really does pay attention in Sunday School and AWANAS! We picked out the book at Mardel's a few weeks ago and we also picked up some chore charts for the boys. They each picked out stickers to put on each week. We've added some chores to Corbin's list and he's been forgetting (or maybe just slacking?), so we thought a chore list would help him out. He really wasn't excited about it at all! HA! And we want Bryson to start being more responsible for his room. He is actually REALLY good with doing his "chores" and helping out with ANYTHING we ask him to. I hope that doesn't go away...but it probably will...Oh well, I'll just enjoy it while I can :D
(WARNING!! Lots of pics comin' up!!!!!!)
We had a really great Spring Break. We drove down to Austin on Saturday, leaving some SNOW behind us and heading to a breezy, sunny Austin. The weather was SUPER! Corbin was going to be spending the week with his NaNa (Derek's mom) and Bryson would be with us. They both enjoyed their time away from each other and being the only child! I took lots of pics...but Corbin will not be in any of them b/c he wasn't with us...kinda bittersweet. We missed him, but he had a really great time.
I didn't take pics of EVERYTHING we did...Derek took him swimming twice and we went to Austin Park and Pizza the first few days. Tuesday we went to Sea World. B had a GREAT time. He loved everything, really. (pics are kinda big...but you can click on them to take a closer look-see)








We started off with the dolphins...



















He didn't want to touch them, but did want to feed them. Unfortunately, the line was ricidulously long (as usual) to get fish, so he didn't get to feed them.
And can I just say that it is not cheap to go to Sea World, and it was PACKED! No signs of recession in Austin/San Antonio...
Ok...sorry...just wanted to add my random thought there...
Next we headed to see Shamu and other Shamu's (? is Shamu still alive or are these his babies/friends?)...He wasn't as impressed with Shamu as I thought he would be, but he enjoyed himself here, also...
















Then we headed to see sharks and other random fish...
Here are some really huge scallops (is that right, that have the pearl inside)...well, whatever they are...








other fish and sting rays...











sharks (it was hard to get a good pic...VERY dark room and they were FAST!)








blurry piranha








grody eels (click on it, I dare ya...you'll have nightmares!) and other stuff...











And...it's late and I can't think of what the heck this is called....:P









And last but not least...and my VERRRRRRY favorite...the penguins...











I want one!!!

Ok...that's all for now...Popsicle making and train riding next!!
Em

11 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

I am so happy that you got to get away. Looks like you had fun!!!

Natalie said...

Great pics, looks like you had a wonderful time, how fun!!! God bless your sweet family.

Becky Dietz said...

Looks like a great place to go. Glad the boys had so much fun. You'll have to let C write his own version of what he did at NaNa's house!

Houston said...

Oh I love Sea World, great pictures!

vtpuggirl said...

Love your pictures, and love organizing too. I think it's a second hobby really.

Nicole said...

Oh yay!! What super fun photos! Glad you enjoyed your time away!

Wendy Kwok said...

Looks like you had great fun! Loving the pics

Leslie Ashe said...

Your pictures are fabulous!!!!!! I love looking at your fun trip. I'm so glad you guys got to get away and have a fun time!!

I MISS YOU!!!!!
HEY are you coming down for the convention this year? I hope you can!!!!!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

What a wonderful trip! Love the dolphins and the penguins. I'm dying to get to SeaWorld!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Don't you just love penguins... they're so much fun to watch. Have a great day! Amy Tara

Chrys said...

Look like you had a blast!!!! My favs are the peguins too!!!! And it's the oysters who make the pearls. :) :) Have a wonderful day!!